NEUROMUSCULAR  THERAPIST   1989-PRESENT

Self-employed in massage therapy.  Specialize in Neuromuscular Therapy which addresses very specifically soft-tissue injury and dysfunction by manipulating, compressing and gliding on the soft tissues of the muscle, tendons, ligaments and fascia.

Presently treating 20-25 patients each week for 1-1 1/2 hours each.  Of these, 90% need NMT and the other 10% need regular massage for problems such as blood pressure, diabetes or stress relief.  Treat patients at my own office. Other responsibilities include charting patient's progress, preparing statements, billing insurance companies, taking appointments, bookkeeping and writing letters on patients behalf.

SEMINAR INSTRUCTOR of  NEUROMUSCULAR THERAPIES      1997 - PRESENT

Instructor for the International Academy of Neuromuscular Therapies. Lead seminars, lecture and demonstrate NMT techniques.

INSTRUCTOR                                          1995-PRESENT

Instruct two sets of courses: Anatomy and Physiology and Musculoskeletal Anatomy. Each course runs 3.5 hours/week. A/P for 27 weeks and Musculoskeletal Anatomy for 30  weeks.  One of the unique teaching methods I use is to build muscle, ligaments etc. from clay and attach to a small skeleton.

INSTRUCTOR                                          2002  -PRESENT

Instructor for the Northwestern Health Science University Massage Therapy Program. Teach the applied anatomy course in clay, special topics including pathology and some massage courses.

ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR                     1992-PRESENT

Assistant Instructor for the International Academy of Neuromuscular Therapies.  Assist with seminars, conduct study groups for students of NMT and conduct exams for certifying people in NMT.

INSTRUCTOR                                          1985-89

Instructed anatomy and physiology courses at the Minneapolis School of Massage and Bodywork.  Responsibilities included instruction, preparation of curriculum, lesson plans, worksheets, quizzes, exams and visual aides.

ASSISTANT DIRECTOR                          1987-89

Assistant Director of the Minneapolis School of Massage.  Prepared documents for accreditation, Minnesota Higher Education Coordinating Board, the Veterans Administration and the Associated Massage and Bodywork Professionals.  Responsible for scheduling courses, admissions and curriculum development.

Return to About Paula Bergs

Back to Top

***

Professional Experience